Using a paint sprayer or paint spray gun allows for faster application time and more even coverage than other methods or with other professional painting tools .
Therefore, when choosing a painting equipment, the characteristics of the paint sprinklers have to match the kind of work that is going to be done.
For the professional contractor, the best manufacturers of sprinklers or spray guns know that everything depends on what you want to spray and its periodicity.
Choice Of A Sprayer
Steve Engleson, Director of Sales and Marketing for Graco in Minneapolis, knows that the choice of a sprayer is based on how and when the equipment will be used.
The Capacity Of The Machine
"What you should do," says Engleson, "is find the answer to the questions: How much will I paint? What kind of layers will I apply? " These answers will help determine the capacity of the machine needed to perform the job.
How To Choose
Essentially, a paint sprayer pumps paint, dye or other liquids, under pressure and through a spray nozzle to cover a surface. The sprinkler flow rate determines the maximum nozzle size that the unit can accept. The most common nozzles come with openings (hole sizes) of .011 to .021 inches.
Latex Paint For Houses
Generally, latex paint for houses requires nozzle sizes of .015 inches or greater, while for dyes, sealants and other viscous materials nozzles are used that vary between .011 and .015 inches.
The Spray Pattern
As the size of the nozzles increases, the viscosity of the liquid used can also be increased. For each nozzle size, a variety of widths can be selected in the spray pattern.
Choose The Right Paint Sprayer
For this reason, Engleson emphasizes that to know how to choose the right paint sprayer you must know the amount of work that is going to be done. "It's more important to focus on the maximum nozzle size that the sprinkler can use," he adds, "than to focus on the sprinkler with the most horsepower."
How To Make Paint Sprayers Last Longer
Selecting the best tool to paint also requires that it provides a consistent service and for a long period. Jerry Falk, product manager of Wagner Spray Tech Corp., manufacturer of Titan paint sprays, says the product's life depends on how the sprayer is used.
The duration of a paint sprayer
The duration of a paint sprayer, he explains, is affected by the frequency of use, the type of material with which it is sprayed and the maintenance that is given to the sprayer.
Atomizer Paint And A Professional Customer
Falk cites the difference between the remodeler, who may occasionally use an atomizer paint and a professional customer, who uses the atomizer five days a week for 8 or 10 hours a day.
The expectation of reliability and durability is greater in a professional client than in a homeowner," says Falk.
Guidelines for spray nozzles
Know what the job requires and choose the right spray nozzle according to it. This easy guide can help you
- Small: from .011 to .013. They are used to spray dye, varnish or polyurethane.
- Median from .013 to .015. They are used for enamels, oil-based paints, latex and thicker dyes
- Large: from .015 to .021. They are used for premium latex, paint for barns and fences, paint coating for roof and thicker and elastomeric coatings.
For heavy duty applications
Even when you use paint sprays daily, you probably do not know these new or rarely used characteristics:
- An exclusive feature is the throttle valve located on the top of the four models of the Titan XT line. SureFlo brand, this valve automatically disconnects the seat ball inside the intake valve when the sprinkler is turned on.
- Located in the center of the Graco and Magnum paint sprayers, is the piston pump system. The pressure control buttons adjust the spray pattern.
- The Magnum series atomizers include easy-to-understand user icons for quick reading.
- Graco 190ES offers a powerful discharge cleaning system specifically designed for the professional contractor. "If there's something that displeases contractors, it's cleanup before and after work," explains Steve Engleson of Graco. "When it comes to cleaning, this system significantly reduces time."
- To make storage more aerodynamic and make the transfer of equipment easier, the Titan XT440, along with three others on the Wagner line, includes a folding cart.